Friday, December 16, 2016

Q&A With Lazer Gaiden (Part 7)

Hello everyone!  It's another Friday, so that means more questions to answer!  Let's get right to it.  The first letter seems to have come from Lesser Evil, although...I'm not really sure how.  it looks like it's written on a large blue leaf dripping with some sort of viscus...material.

Dear Lazer Gaiden,

I decided to visit Dr. Cool Rad to address my air quote problem. As you can see, I appear to be cured of my affliction only after spending a few moments with Dr. Cool Rad. At no point did I actually encounter Space Slayer on my way to or from Dr. Cool Rad's office, despite rumors of students, Super Wizards, or Lazer Gaiden (hello sir!) claiming to see us pass through walls within the Tower.

Interestingly however is that I seemed to have lost time since my visit to Dr. Cool Rad's office, and not just the time I lost yesterday (you all can stop pulling my leg and telling me that I have been missing for a week now). It seems that from time to....

nwoD no ruoy kcul? tsoL ni eht tresed fo riapsed? rO ebyam tsuj ni deen fo a kcip em pu? lleW neht uoy dluohs yrt nosmirC enivoB's tsetal rewop egareveb srovalf: kcuL fo eht hsirI, dna sisaO fo ssenippaH. roF eht llams ecirp fo enin ytenin-enin, dna ruoy ytinas, uoy oot nac dir flesruoy fo lla esoht yksep smelborp uoy'ev neeb gnicaf.

TUB TIAW! EREHT's EROM! tcA won, dna ew'll worht ni a dn2 esac ROF EERF! tahT's thgir, yub eno esac fo ruo tsetal srovalf dna teg a dnoces esac rof yletulosba eerf! noD't ssim-pu no siht ytinutroppo! llaC won!

... I seem to blank out and lost track of time. Is it possible that these black outs are a side effect of anything that Dr. Cool Rad may have done to me during my treatment for uncontrollable airquotes?
-Lesser Evil


Oh dear.  Lesser Evil, I believe you  may have been exposed to dangerous prophetic radiation.  It's difficult to say when or where this could have happened, especially since you're...somewhere...with Space Slayer.  You should probably get that looked at as soon as possible.  The condition starts out simple enough, with with blacking out and spouting off nightmare words, but if left untreated it can become an incurable mess that results in becoming a Doom Scribe or worse:  A desire to make Nightcore music*.
*As one of your teachers, and I'd like to hope someone that you can trust, I'd like to reassure you that we'd put you down gently before it got that bad.

Are there any Elders available to tutor me in shielding spells? There was a “slight incident” between Elder George and my dogs while practicing ventriloquism spells. Now Snuggly Cuddlesworth is berating me with Elder George’s voice, and Elder George is running around on all fours and yelling “Bark!” A counter-spell won’t be needed (I find Elder George more agreeable now), but I’d like to prevent future mishaps.
-Rodeo Nova

Hello Rodeo Nova.  On official record*, I'm obligated to tell you that I'm very disappointed in your misuse of magic.  You'll probably want to track down Elder Seth.  He's retired at this point, but I hear he lives somewhere in Happyshine.  Elder Seth was the resident expert in shielding spells and we never managed to find someone quite as good to be his replacement.  You can probably convince him to tutor you if you bribe him with a salami sandwich, he has a weakness for those.  A more difficult problem may be convincing Dr. Expendable to make one for you.  The last time he cooked a meal for the Council, he delivered them a pot of steamed socks.
*Off the official record, I'm going to make sure that you get extra credit in all your classes and high fives from the other Elders. 
BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK, BARK BARK BA'RK BARK BARK!!!!
 Edited by Elder George on 1XXX at 6:03 PM. 

I believe that's all the time we have for questions this week.  The viscus...something...from Lesser Evil's submitted question seems to have coalesced into an animated blob of some kind.  I'd best get the broom and take care of this, don't want a repeat of what happened last time.

No comments:

Post a Comment